Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gaining Christ

This world is full of things that pull my attention off of Christ. In a single second, my gaze can turn from Jesus to something temporary, and my soul tells me that the pursuit of the latter will bring the most comfort and fulfillment.

So lately I've been praying that God will make Himself my single vision...my single pursuit in life. The lyrics to a song we sang at church on Sunday are a beautiful prayer to that end...

"Lord be my single vision,
I'll run my race to receive my crown.
But You are the greatest gift I've been given,
Help me lay all my other treasures down...

That I might gain Christ, that I might know You. That I might find life, help me lose what I must lose. That I might gain Christ."

Please be praying this for me...
Thanks,
K.C.

Photo Credit: Bekah Bennett

5 comments:

chihiro said...

Amen! praying for you ;)

Kristen said...

It's so good to hear from you Chihiro! And it was super encouraging to know a friend so far away was praying for me! Thank you!!
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

You got it Offspring. How could we refuse such a prayer request...or how could we not be spurred on to ask the same prayer for ourselves? One Magnificant Obsession...that I might know Christ:-)

Shadedbygrace said...

Hello dear,
It's been forever and a day. But hey! good to read you! and we have the same blogger layout... hmmm.

Candace

Nicole 妮可 said...

awwww, hun, thanks for your honesty! miss you and can't wait to here all about the iowa tour -- you'll have to let me know what you think about the special picture/video presentation they have for you!
love ya!:)