Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to Cali on New Years

Happy New Years everyone! Well, I suppose it's a day late, but it is still a relatively new year so I think my wish can still stand. :)

Yesterday morning I headed back to San Diego. My trip to PA was fantastic, filled with lots fun times and memories, but it was time to come back to California.

God surprised me on the way back when I got a peak at the Grand Canyon! I've never been there before, but have always wanted to visit. So it was a great New Year's treat to see one of the world's wonders from the air. So fun!


Anyway, please be praying for Bring Me Hope's retreat in Lake Arrowhead, CA this weekend. It should be a good time, and I'm excited to take some time to pull away with the Lord and maybe even see some snow! Speaking of the retreat though, I need to get packing, and planning some games. Pitt anyone? ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the best restaurant I've ever ate in :-)

Guess who...

Anonymous said...

Great photo of the Grand Canyon...what a view!

Steve Praz said...

Not a bad holiday season all in all I'd say. Hot chocolate night with actual hot chocolate? Check. Loaded Questions? Check. Scrabble obsessed friends? Check. Bizarre Burger King video game? Check.

I guess the only let down was the lack of snow and therefore a lack of snowforts or snowball fights.

I'll be praying that the retreat goes well. God will be faithful to meet you as you seek him. Keep us updated. (But don't tell me what the temperature is out there, I think that would be depressing).

Nicole 妮可 said...

good to hear from you dear!
i pray you all made it to the retreat safely and that you have a blessed and fun time!
enjoy the snow... i'll try not to be too jealous since ours is melting. :(
love ya!

Unknown said...

Kristen,
you really should visit the GC some time. You would love it. Too bad you don't like backpacking...