Wednesday, January 16, 2008

When strength is small

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world." -1 Peter 5: 6-9

These verses clung to my heart last night. For the last few days I have been experiencing some spiritual warfare where satan has been feeding me lies. Things I know of as untrue resonate with me because they feel true. And I'm left discouraged.

Yet I love the first part of these verses that call me to cast my anxieties and cares onto the Lord because he wants to bare that for me. I think of the lines from Jesus Paid it All which say,

"I hear my Savior say, your strength indeed is small. Child of weakness watch and pray, find in Me your all in all."

He is so good!! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reminded of the lines from one of our songs "When satan tempts me to dispair, upward I look and see Him [our Lord] there..."

He IS there, and here with you. Satan can tempt but God is faithful and true, and will never desert you.

Anonymous said...

Dearest,

So grateful that you know where to find truth and strength during times of discouragement! We are praying for you and trusting in His steadfast love to gladden your soul and His graciousness to give you His strength. (Psalm 86) You are in His grip:-)