Monday, February 4, 2008

When I just don't know

"Whatever my God ordains is right, in His love I am abiding.
I will be still in all He does, and follow where He is guiding.
He is my God, though dark my road. He holds me that I shall not fall.
And so to Him I leave it all."
-Whatever My God Ordains is Right, Sovereign Grace Music

Over the last few weeks I've been in a number of situations where I feel really stumped at what God's up to in my life. I'm a pretty analytical person and I love grasping things on a deeper level. But lately, God has really blinded my eyes to some things going on which leaves me at a loss of understanding all God is doing (not that I ever fully understand all God is doing though.) :)

Proverbs 3:5-7 has been really humbling me as it tells me to not rely on what I think I know and to "not be wise in my own eyes" but to trust the Lord.

So God, I am far from understanding all you're doing, but I know that You are busy at work in my life, and that's all that matters...

~K.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for HE who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

Keeping you in our prayers:-)

Tom said...

The older I get, the more God is a mystery to me.

I like your blog -- good pictures...

Michelle said...

babe, i can say amen to much of your post. the words of that hymn have especially ministered to me in the past few weeks, and i've been listening to it over and over. here's a verse that's really been comforting to me lately: "i believe that i shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" ~ psalm 25:13 actually i find this whole psalm (and the psalms in general) encouraging, but this verse in particular reminds me that as i seek my identity in the Lord and wait for Him in His presence, He has promised to show goodness to me. we will experience trials and tests of faith, and we will not see His whole purpose in this life, but He HAS promised good things to us and blessings upon us in this life. i love you and am praying for you.

Emily said...

hey girl! I miss you already :( I'm always so encouraged by everything you write. More often than not, you tend to speak out loud what my heart is whispering. I know it's hard to not understand what's going on and feel like you're groping around in the dark. But thank God, that He doesn't let us just walk around blindly but rather we have the reassurance of His hand in ours. Keep trusting the Lord that He is bringing you closer to Him even if you can't see the path. I'm praying for you! Much love! <3

Anonymous said...

thanks guys so much for your encouragement and prayers! it's very encouraging...