Thursday, February 7, 2008

Meant to Live for So Much More

It had been one of those days. Distractions. Unanswered questions. Walks just to clear my head. Prayers more focused on situations rather than God Himself. By the end of my work day, I was weary.

When I got home, I flipped on some music to help get my mind onto Christ. Switchfoot's song "Meant to Live" happened to play, and the truth of the lyrics arrested my thoughts.

"We were meant to live for so much more, have we lost ourselves?...
Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open, maybe we're bent and broken...
We want more than this world's got to offer...and everything inside screams for second life...We were meant to live...we were meant to live!"

Totally true.

God, please help me get my eyes off of things going on in this world and onto what is eternal. What total freedom and hope that mindset and brings.

And there's so many opportunities to immerse ourselves into those "God moments..."


Like last night, when my friend's little sister was all snuggled up with me on the couch and she looked up at me with her big blue eyes and said, "Kristen, I love you to heaven and back!"

Just how can you have your mind on anything more important than things like that? And, I Love you Libby!! To the heaven and back, times two. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal". 2Cor.4:18 Thanks for the encouragement to look to things eternal:-) Praying for you!

The Chmelars said...

hey dear!
i just can't say how much i appreciate your honesty... wish there was something i could do to make whatever better... but since i can't, i'll pray.
that's the best, i guess. i mean i know.
ok. love ya and can't wait to talk!
nicole