Monday, September 17, 2007

Everybody's going surfin'...

What a weekend!

Yesterday morning I moved in with my host family for this coming year! The Ketterings are such wonderful people, and I feel right at home here.

When I walked into their house, I was greeted by a golden retreiver, one of my favorite worship songs was playing, and I was immediately offered a hot cup of tea... :) God is so wonderful at anticipating my needs and meeting them so perfectly. (Especially through my friend Emmy who gave me a stack of notes before I left to make this first week a little easier! I love you girl!)

(Here's a picture of Sara with all the family's kitties! :)

That night I went to a community bible study held at a local coffee house, which was very cool. I feel like a movie should be made about this place sometimes; Fallbrook's people and town have so much character...

Anyhow, this morning I visited a friend's church and that was really awesome to see what God is doing in other places. The worship songs were familiar, and the gospel was very central in the message (The pastor even quoted CJ Mahaney at one point ;)

Some friends and I went to the beach after that, and I went surfing! Well, I kind of went surfing. Ok fine, I won't lie...I attempted to surf. I had a hard time getting up on the board, but it was a blast! Here's a photo of Christy & I before we were water-logged. Sorry, no surfing shots this time around...We were too busy falling off our boards to snap any photos in the water. ;)


Spending time with friends at San Diego's beach was a wonderfully refreshing way to spend the afternoon. There was one point where I was having so much fun surfing, and I looked up and saw some huge pelicans and just thought, "Wow God, you are SO Amazing to have sent me here!!!"

The night ended when a friend and I drove a golf cart around a ranch in the mountains to look for fresh avocados. We weren't very successful, but enjoyed a gorgeous sunset which made the trip worth it. :)

God is so loving, kind, and faithful! Please pray that I would be able to glorify Him with my life, and also that He would give me more physical strength as I begin working full-time for Bring Me Hope tomorrow.

Thanks all! Miss you!
Hugs,
Kristen.

2 comments:

Casey Somerville said...

so fun! aw, see, California is amazing and you are one blessed girl.

i've been thinking about you ALL week! and i'm going to call you soonish!!

yum7 said...

ahh, WELCOME to CA!! =) i def. have to come visit sometime soon! can't wait to see you again!