Monday, July 30, 2007

Waving "hello again"

Today has been a day full of blessings... I found my misplaced bike, my favorite dish was served for lunch, and an awesome thunderstorm has been refreshing my soul for hours. And to top that all off, this week I get to play the big sister role for a few really great orphans. Yet even still, something else was the highlight of my day...

John Mayer sings a song called "Wheel" and the bridge goes like this:

"If you never stop when you wave 'goodbye,' You just might find that if you give it time, You might wave 'hello' again... You just might wave 'hello' again..."

Those words ran through my heart as I saw a little girl named Maria today.

Maria is an eleven year old orphan I met last year at camp. We hit it off when we discovered we both loved soccer, and that's when she let me see how beautiful of a person she is. I learned that she has lived a very difficult life; her parents died in a fire when she was younger. The burn marks on her body testify to how much she has dealt with. Yet she has pressed on.

I didn't think I would ever see her again when I left China last year, so I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw little Maria's face looking up at me today! I did a double-take, realized it was her, then scooped her up in my arms. What a wonderful, unexpected blessing! I can't wait to spend more time with her this coming week...

May God bless you in unexpected ways today as well...

Love and hugs,
Kristen.

1 comment:

jbennett/flowcare said...

Thanks for posting more pics. Amber is working week two and three.

Thanks for giving your heart
Ambers dad