Sunday, July 8, 2007

Last Night Home

Well, tomorrow's the day!

I'm excited to go, yet I'll be honest that at times, leaving can feel bittersweet...

For instance, I'm psyched to be in China, but don't look forward to the half a day plane ride to get there.
I'm ready for new adventures that come from being in another country, but know I'll long for American comforts like air-conditioning, and pizza.
And I'm looking forward to seeing the other staff in Beijing, but know I will miss my friends and family here.

And yet I'm reminded of verses like Hebrews 12:2 and Philippians 3:13 that call me to lay aside all I cling to and run the race God has set out before me.

Sounds simple enough, but most things are easier said than done. ;)

So please pr*y for me, that I would lose myself as I seek to serve others on this trip.

And on a less serious note, please also pr*y that God would work a miracle that I'll sleep through most of the plane ride tomorrow! (Wishful thinking?...)

Thanks so much, and I'll write again once I'm in China!

~Kristen.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Miss you already! Can't wait to hear more and see some pictures,
Love, Dad

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.