Monday, June 4, 2007

Provision

Yesterday as I was handing out support letters to friends at church, two girls (ages 8 and 11) decided to help me. They had been adopted from China, and so I was grateful to see their enthusiasm for me to go and help other orphans.

At one point when I awkwardly gave out a letter, one of the girls gently informed the man that I was going back to China. I smiled at her, then at my friend. It was a sweet moment. Yet then she continued... "She's going to China, and she wants your money!"

Children are experts at being blunt; they have no problem getting right to the point of an issue. I wish I could be that bold in asking big things of God. I should take a lesson from my younger friend...

My Dad was reminding me of Philippians 4:19 this morning which says, "My God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in Christ Jesus!"

It's wonderful that I can bank on that promise no matter how much support I raise for this trip. And as my friend Suzanne reminded me today, it is encouraging that we don't need to worry about any earthly matter because our eternal future is secure through Christ!

1 comment:

Changs said...

Kristen,
I really enjoy reading your blog:>) Thanks for making it!