Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My trip to Kentucky, New Attitude Conference


Last night I got home from the New Attitude Conference in
Louisville, Kentucky. Friday to Tuesday were packed with sound biblical teaching, vibrant worship, fellowship, and very little sleep. ;)

It was such a blessing to attend "Na," and the entire trip was marked with God's provision. For instance, I got the last seat available on the flight out, I roomed with 5 fantastic girls (an unexpected blessing when my other rooming plans fell through because of space issues), I spent quality time with new and old friends, and I was able to minister to some people going through struggles, as well as be cared for by others too. What a fantastic trip!

I wish everyone I knew could have come along, but here are some things to check out if you weren't able to attend:

The New Attitude Website: www.newattitude.org/2007-liveblog/

Rebelution Website: www.therebelution.com/blog/

Sovereign Grace Message Downloads: www.sovereigngracestore.com/category.aspx?categoryID=2012
(Here, you can download the messages for FREE!! I especially recommend C.J.
Mahaney's on "The Idol Factory," and John Piper's on "Discerning Obedience.")

Below are some photos from the trip I wanted to share...

Casey,
Christy, and I in the hotel with all those "aerodynamics." ;)

Walking around Louisville, Kentucky.

Fourth Street is where all the yummy food is. :)

Playing "the homeschool game" a.k.a. the "make-you-sin-game" on Friday night.
We found it hard to be kind to one another and grab the pen from each other's
hand simultaneously. :)

Worship during the first session on Saturday night.

I thought this guy's shirt was pretty funny. :)

I also found the fact that people would be willing to wait so long for caffeine
quite amusing...Yet I must confess that by the last morning I was one of
the crazy ones in line...

Me with my friends Elise, Ally, Jenn, and Casey before the meeting.

And I think by Monday night the lack of sleep was starting to make us a little crazy... :)

The rest of the pictures are here: http://community.webshots.com/user/philly_kc

Anyhow, have a wonderful day, and thanks for your prayers for this trip!
~Kristen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fu, Jia Rui (aka Sara now) sends you love! We are thrilled you will continue the love with the children and it DOES make a difference in their lives!

Cynthia
mother to Sara-10
home 7 months