Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Making the most of my time

The kids I was babysitting for last week love playing outside, so naturally that's where they ended up when I told them they had ten minutes before we had to hit the road.

Ten minutes later my watch indicated it was time to go, and I called for the kids, trying to sound somewhat enthusiastic (but really, who wants to leave a swing-set to go to school?)

They were disappointed to leave, yet shuffled inside while asking me, "Has it really been ten minutes already?" When I told them it had been, the five year old sighed as she looked at me and said, "Wow, watches go by so fast..."

Watches do go by fast. I'm already asking myself where the first half of this month has gone. This morning I was thinking about how in only three weeks I'll be in Beijing, and I know that time will go by so quickly.

I've been trying to really enjoy every day that I have here with my family and friends. So a few days ago, my Mom and I took a trip down to Cape May, New Jersey for some great mother-daughter time. (Which actually turned into some wonderful girlfriend time too when we unexpectedly ran into a few friends!)



It was wonderful being by the ocean, and letting God's creation refresh our souls. And we encountered other blessings on our trip, like seeing dolphins left and right! One dolphin even came within feet to the waters edge and was jumping so high; it was magnificent! :) We also enjoyed walking around the charming city of Cape May.



I left Cape May even more grateful for my parents generosity and friendship. My Dad was so gracious to treat his girls to a fun weekend at the beach, and I was so blessed to spend fun time with my Mom, my best friend. What a great time to spend some of my last days (for now) on the east coast. :)

~Kristen.

No comments: