Wednesday, June 27, 2007

God's Restoration

I walked out of the doctor's office with a clean bill of health today, freshly grateful how far God has brought me in the last few years.

See, I struggled with my health throughout High School. There were days when I doubted I would ever feel normal again. And I felt confused that I wanted to help out in China, but was limited because of my stamina. Yet God has been so faithful to heal me and restore me to full health. And now He has given me the strength to go and help the orphans in China.

This afternoon I thought about the promises of Psalm 41:1,3 which say, "Blessed is the man who considers the poor! In the day of trouble, the Lord delivers him...The Lord sustains him on his sickbed, in his illness you restore him to full health."

God has been so kind.

So in celebration of God's goodness in my clean bill of health, I treated myself to ice cream. Maybe I missed the point of what it means to be healthy by rewarding myself with ice cream, but it's worth celebrating all the same! :)

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not His benefits,
who heals all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
-Psalm 103:2-5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah! that is so exciting. God is good!