Wednesday, October 29, 2008

driving to fifth and japip...

This past weekend, I took a trip to a place that I'm pretty sure is uncharted territory to many. I say that because the end of our directions were as follows:
"Turn left at the first paved road...Then turn right on the third dirt road at the top of the mountain...they'll be a big tree there..."
It was so refreshing to be "in the middle of nowhere" for a couple of days. Autumn was at it's prettiest, and it was so fun to spend time with my friends Ali and Sue. We did lots of "she-man" things like hiking, but also took full advantage of our girl time to catch up, cook, and listen and dance to lots of music. :)
This is the cabin where we stayed. It was nice and toasty inside...so warm!! :)


Sue, me, and Ali

Pretty colors and textures on our hike...



Just glorious!!

What hit me most during our trip was how creation displays God's beauty and glory, no matter if people there are to enjoy it or not. He "just is." Sooo cool!! :D

Gotta go watch them Philly's win tonight!!
~k.

No comments: