Saturday, October 4, 2008

"I Ate Too Much EVERYTHING!!"

Tonight I am babysitting for three girls, two of which are already asleep. I just peaked my head in the 5 year olds room, who I heard was still awake. There sat the blond hair blue eyed little one focusing on some coloring in bed.

"Honey, it's great that you're in bed right now, but please try to stay in bed, ok? I've heard you get out a handful of times" I said to her.
She acknowledged what I said and then replied, "Krissie, I kind of have a tummy ache."
I could tell her from her half smile it wasn't anything serious.

"I think you had too much popcorn earlier," I said with a wink.
Then very candidly she replied, "I think I ate too much of everything earlier..." slightly rolling her eyes.

Her comment made me laugh, and I just feel thankful for the funny comments and moments that happen in something as simple as watching your neighbor's kids... ;)

No comments: