Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hey from Debriefing!

We had our very last day of camp on Friday. All of Thursday when we went to the pool, ate together, or sang with the kids, we couldn't help but think, "this is our last time doing this for the summer." It was bitter-sweet.

This summer has been so blessed; God is has been so good to us, giving us strength when we needed it and flooding us with joyful memories. The children who came through our doors are such precious people, and it was an honor to spend time with them. I know healing happened. It's never complete in 5 days, but it's a beginning, or an end...we'll never know. We just hear small things like, "I don't have a family, but it is enough that I have you." Things like that nearly make me speechless.

And another thing that often makes me speechless is the friends I've spent this summer with. They are some of my favorite people on the planet!! Maybe these photos will help explain why... :)

Rocking out to this Chinese pop song they play everywhere here...it's really catchy! haha

When we run out of ideas to entertain the kids, Jason just dances...

Some of the girls had a sleepover in our room one of the last nights of camp, so fun!


More pictures soon, I promise. I just wanna get some shut-eye before the sun comes up, haha.
Nighty night!
~kristen

No comments: