Thursday, April 3, 2008

God even cares about Frappucinos...

Working for Bring Me Hope has made me think in a "Big Picture" kind of way. At the office we usually talk about things like planning summer camps, speaking tours, and concerts that reach hundreds.

The good thing about that is we expect and watch God do amazing things. Yet the downside is that I can forget that God is in the smallest of details too...

The whole day yesterday I was completely distracted by my craving for a frappucino. The thought of getting one had been on my mind (and stomach) for about a week, so yesterday I decided I was going to stop by Starbuck's in the afternoon.

Then out of nowhere my friend Patti popped in the office and said, "Hey guys! I'm making frappucinos and wanted to know if anyone wants one..." I couldn't believe it! Patti often comes by and treats us with goodies, but this this was the first time she offered us frappucinos!

I was so encouraged by Patti's friendship (and the frappucino she made me,) but I was even more blessed that God orchestrated that whole thing just to bless me. Only He knew how that would brighten my day, and it was a good reminder for me to realize how many other "small things" God is totally in the midst of... :)

~K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, It is an evidence of God's grace to allow you to see Him in the BIG and little cares of this life. He is blessing you:-) And so is Patti:-)
BTW - When did you start liking Frappachinos?

The Chmelars said...

amen, sista!!

sam said...

you bet He does! wow now you've got me wanting one...