Monday, October 22, 2007

Southern Califronia Fires - Please Pray!

Since yesterday there have been growing wildfires in the area, and the Santa Ana winds are keeping firefighters from making much progress.
We tried to evacuate this afternoon, but the roads were so crowded that we turned back and came home. After dinner we're going to reassess how things are and decide if we should to relocate for the night.
Please pray for our safety. And also please pray for peace for all of us here too. It is hard for me to remember that God is in complete control, even when I see the images on TV or the smoke clouds in the sky. But the Lord reminded me that He is in control, and He will get me wherever He wants me no matter what.
It's also a great lesson that stuff is just stuff. As I was packing my bags in case we do leave, I realized everything I own is replaceable. (Though it was very revealing when the first thing I packed were my books ;) Anyway, amongst other things, what a great lesson that heaven is my real home.

All the same, please do pray. ;)
Love,
K.C.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lift my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber...The Lord watches over you-the Lord is your shade at your right hand....The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121...our prayers are with you, Love, Marmie

Anonymous said...

it is Unbelievable to believe that God would do this, but God does these things for a reason... i will pray... as well as my family to keep all the people safe and out of harms way of these fires
be careful be save and take care


from: sayri alvarado Phoenix, Az