Tuesday, October 23, 2007

CA Fire Update

Well, It has been an unexpected last few days, that's for sure! We're talking wildfires galore, evacuations, and hours of waiting...but, we are safe!

I've never been this close to a natural disaster before. There was a fire right through Fallbrook (and it's still lingering actually.) Yet we are doing fine, though the fires have affected so many friends out here, and some people I know have even lost their homes.

God has been really teaching me about not holding onto material things. All weekend long, my things have been temporarily taken away from me...my laptop was broken, my ipod was missing, and a bag of my things was left at a church after our benefit (which went great by the way! :) But all of that is replaceable.

Even as I was packing to leave yesterday, I realized that everything I own is not that important (thought I did go for my favorite books and journal first, so now I know how to answer the question, "What things would you grab if there was a fire. ;)

So thanks for your prayers and calls. It's always really encouraging to know you're thinking of me!

Love and hugs,
Kristen.

No comments: