Saturday, August 11, 2007

Seeing God's glory

Ever have one of those days that was just filled with the Lord's glory?...When God's grace was inexcusably evident? Well yesterday was one of those days for me here in China.

The morning began with Beijing smog taking the day off and being replaced with the shining sun and a perfect blue sky. The beauty of creation could not be ignored.

Later I had a blast swimming with the orphans. One girl with a very burned face giggled with delight as she paddled through the water. Another orphan enjoyed trying to swim by kicking her feet. Any distress that she potentially felt from having no arms was hidden in her gorgeous smile. I couldn't help but to feel God's pleasure in this moment of innocent and pure joy.

Later two very good friends and I went out for lunch and coffee. As we shared our thoughts, cares, and ideas, I was so grateful for their friendship and for the time the Lord allowed for us to spend together that afternoon. It was so refreshing to laugh, pray, and just be around one another.
What a blessing friends are.

And as we closed out our last camp that night, I was so grateful to God for His faithfulness. Only He could have gotten us through these past weeks of camp. He had never left us, but finished the work He started in us. The last bunch of kids are now on their way home with full hearts only because God was with us until the end. Only He helped us finish strong.

God's glory isn't something I want to take lightly. I think if I saw how great the Lord is, I'd be so consumed with worship and love for Him. I pray for more days like yesterday... :)

~Kristen

No comments: