Friday, June 13, 2008

moments

For the last month or so I've been really working on enjoying life's little moments,
and I've found that I have so much more freedom and joy as I orient myself to fully
live in the present!

I heard Steven Curtis Champman's song called "Miracle of the Moment" on the radio
the other day, and it captured what I wanted to say perfectly...

"It's time for letting go
All of our "if-onlys"
Cause we don't have a time machine
And even if we did
Would we really wanna use it
Would we really wanna go change everything?
Cause we are who and where and what we are
For now
And this is the only moment
We can do anything about

So breathe it in and breathe it out
Listen to your heartbeat
There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you and
I don't want you to miss
The miracle of the moment

There's only one who knows
What's really out there waiting
In all the moments yet to be
And all we need to know
Is he's out there waiting
To him the future's history
And he has given us a treasure called
Right now
And this is the only moment
We can do anything about"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it alot! I might cut this song out and make it a bookmark :-)

Kristen said...

hopefully you'd print it first then cut it out instead of trying to cut it out of the computer screen. ;)

Anonymous said...

Duh

Nicole 妮可 said...

hehe! ya'll are hilarious!
anyway... love this song. i can totally relate. life's never gonna get better than today!
thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Thats cool...
LOL ooh want to know something, my Grandpa took Mr. Chapman in his car to get a throat drop once before xD