Monday, June 16, 2008

lately i've been feeling a little overwhelmed. somehow my month and a half trip to china has snuck up so quickly, and i don't feel ready! luckily my visa came in the mail today, but i think that's the only thing that qualifies me as being prepared. work has been busy. the numbers of emails being sent and received have been record-breaking...lists are all over my desk...and yet i seem to always feel there is so much more still to do! :) on top of that, normal life has given me lots of things to keep busy doing and thinking over...

i've felt discouraged that i can only be one place at a time (i know, that sounds silly, but it's true! :) i wish i could be home to celebrate milestones in my friends and family's lives like their weddings, graduations, birthdays, and father's day. but i know it'd be too much to take a trip back to the east coast with so much to do here. but God is so faithful, and He's showing me that He has me here for a reason. i could potentially spend my life wondering what i could be accomplishing somewhere else, but then i'd never get anything done right where i am.

i stayed late at work today. i had a conference call with our staff going to nanchang in two weeks (and on the call i somehow managed to drop my phone into my glass of dr.pepper. :) after the call was done, i was tidying up my desk to get ready to call it a day when i suddenly got swept up in going through everything on and around my desk. :)

i ended up reading through some cards from friends i had saved and one in particular struck me. it was a christmas card but it's message was perfect for right now...

it said, " in this crazy season of hustle and bustle, may you find time to reflect on our shining star- the one in whom all our hopes and fears are met. and may this next year be one of even more growth and a focus in who God wants you to be. love, michele"

how encouraging!! please be praying for me that in this busy time i would make time to reflect on my sweet savior!!

2 comments:

yum7 said...

haha...how funny to be reading your blog and be caught off guard w/ my own words. =)
i know what you mean about not being prepared...and you're going to be in china for longer than me!
but the other week, i was telling my teammate that i hadn't really started praying yet (yup, horrible!), but he responded by saying that he's been praying enough for the both of us. haha =) so just trust that ppl are praying for ya and that He's working all the time!
love you,
michele.

Nicole 妮可 said...

hey dear!
hang in there.... you are doing amazing and I know that God will carry you thro.
Thanks a thousand times for the sacrifices you have made this year. I pray God will bless you back ten fold!
Love ya~