Thursday, June 26, 2008

Journal Entry from my first trip to China...

This is from my first trip to China on Januray 21, 2005 :)

"It was hard to get out of bed this morning – it made me sad thinking about leaving to go back home. Today was our last day at the orphanage.

This morning, little Indiana Jane (a seven year old at the orphanage) came running up to me as soon as we got there. She had a larger than life grin on her face and as she ran, her arms were open wide in anticipation of a big hug! When she got close enough I scooped her up in my arms and spun her around and around. I promised myself that would be a moment I would never forget.

The time saying goodbye to the babies was hard. I held each one that I’ve connected with and prayed for them and kissed them goodbye. I just lost it while holding Yang Fu Zi. I just looked out the window and cuddled her and sang to her, told her how much I love her…and just cried.

It was especially hard saying goodbye to the older kids. Li Hong always used to say “Let’s go!” and today she pouted “no let’s go.” ZhuZhu (Indiana Jane) was upset that we were leaving, that she started kicking James. And another of the school children cried, and I held her and told her I loved her and I went away crying as well...I miss those kids so much already. Their faces are in my mind..."

2 comments:

Nicole 妮可 said...

Hey girl!
I can totally relate... how many tears I cried when I had to say goodbye.
Were you there with bmh that january of '05?
Cannot wait to see you!
Love ya~

Kristen said...

Hey Nicole!

Actually that was a trip I took with International China Concern to Heng Yang. We worked in an orphanage...it was amazing. :)

See ya soon!
K