Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Processing Convictions

"Always make a practice of provoking your own mind to think out what it accepts easily. Our position is not ours until we make it ours by suffering." -Oswald Chambers

Being in a new environment in CA has presented me with many opportunities to sort through or "process" (a word I apparently use more than I realize :) a handful of different topics. I often find myself wondering, "Why do I believe this?" and "What does God's word say about that?"

It's really stretched me to search deeper into my God's truth and wrestle through things I have easily accepted before (like essentials in a church, missions, relationships, etc.) But coming out on the other side, becoming more confident in my convictions, is very rewarding.

2 Timothy 2:15 is so provoking...it says,
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth."

What a huge responsibility! God, please help me to see You and Your truth more clearly...

1 comment:

Christy said...

So True Kristen. Reading Chambers' quote was a good reminder that I need to be aware of the things that I just accept.