Monday, September 8, 2008

a child of weakness

"I hear my Savior say, 'thy strength indeed is small. Child of weakness, watch and pray, find in Me thy all in all."

It encouraged me so much to sing the verse of this song yesterday at church. Sometimes I put pressure on myself to do more than God asks me to. Yet He calls me to come to Him and watch Him work.

I was talking about this with some girls after the service and one of my friends reminded me of how in Isaiah it talks about God accomplishing things in our weakness so we can say at the end, "The Lord has done it!" It's just so great that God doesn't wait for us to get over our short-comings, but that He works though us despite of them...That truth encourages me so much today!! :)

1 comment:

Nicole 妮可 said...

awww, that's a great reminder!
know that i'm praying for you!
love ya!