Monday, November 26, 2007

Psalm 121

The other night I was feeling a little low. This time in my life has been really exciting and rewarding, but sometimes I feel overloaded from all that God has called me to. I felt tired, and stretched by the commitments in my life. Then the Lord directed me to Psalm 121:

I lift my eyes to the hills, from where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved, He who keeps you will not slumber,
Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper, the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep your life from all evil, He will keep your life.
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

God was reminding me that all of my strength to do what's before me comes from Him. And just imagine how encouraged I felt when someone read that very Psalm aloud the next morning at church! I felt so touched that God brought that back to my attention...

He is such a faithful encourager!

~Kristen.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

hey, thanks for posting that chica. i know how you feel - i often feel the same way myself, particularly in the last two months or so. i love you so much. you always encourage me in the Lord. you will continue to be in my prayers.