Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Blessings of the day-to-day...

It has been so awesome to reap the benefits of working from home for the past week and a half. Some of my highlights have been...

-Talking with my Dad and beating him at UNO

-Shopping and watching BBC's North & South with my mom (a must-see for any girl, and for any guy who wants to impress any girl, lol)

-Spending time with friends over coffee, dinner, or just playing (crazy) games at my house.

-Going to an Eagles game with some friends on Sunday. It was pretty cold and rainy, but it was so much fun!

-Hearing the train from my house and seeing all the leaves turn nearly every color. And walking my puppy in the woods.

-Also it's been so great to have a bit more time than usual to read, journal, and reflect on all that has happened since I moved to California. That's been a blessing.

What Oswald Chambers says of glorifying God in everday tasks has inspired me.

"The tendency is to look for the marvelous in our experience," he says. "It is one thing to go through a crisis grandly, but another thing to go through every day glorifying God when there is no witness, no limelight, no one paying the remotest attention to us...If you are rightly devoted to the Lord Jesus, you have reached the sublime height where no one ever thinks of noticing you, all that is noticed is that the power of God comes through you all the time."

May I live this kind of life...

~Kristen.

No comments: