Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas in California

It took 5 long days to get out of Chicago to San Diego. But the way I look at it, a travel situation like that will probably (aka "hopefully") never happen again... And, I was able to get a nice reimbursement for my airplane ticket. Sweeet! Thank you Jesus!

As for California, wow, I don't know where to begin...

My week and a half spent there was so full and packed, in the best possible way. Looking back, I'm not sure how I kept going at such a busy pace, but I'm glad I did because now I'm home with loads of new memories...

Some highlights from the trip...

* Being reunited with so many dear friends on New Year's Eve * Meeting new friends from all over the states and Canada * Our winter retreat in the breath-taking mountains (at 6,000 ft!) * Times of worship together * Dancing! Lots of dancing... :) * Good conversations by the fire * Laughing very hard with friends * California Sunshine * Making snowmen and having snowball fights in the mountains * Knowing I will see my beautiful friends again *

Ironies of all ironies, my flight from San Diego to Philadelphia was cancelled on Wednesday morning. That's where my amazing Dad who works in the airline industry comes in yet again. He got me on another flight safe and sound. Love you Daddy! ;)

It's supposed to snow here tomorrow. I just bought a used pair of Columbia snow pants today for 7 bucks, and I'm looking forward to using them. But I'm sure I'll be thinking of my friends I spent these last few weeks with and our time together. I'll admit it's really hard adjusting to not being around so many people. I can't wait for heaven. :)

Love you all,
kristen

1 comment:

Nicole 妮可 said...

Miss you so much K!
Thanks for the good times!!!

Love you.

PS. Love the new look! :)